CALGARY, Alberta: Oct. 12, 2011 — Next month, iStockphoto’s community of seven million members around the world are being urged to help bring awareness to men’s health concerns and prostate cancer by joining the company in support of Movember. Movember is a global initiative that includes a moustache growing charity event held during November each year to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer.
iStockers can participate in Movember in many ways and win fun contests and free stuff while doing something good. iStock will also match up to $10,000 of the funds raised. Here are details of how to get involved:
· Join the iStache Team: Visit www.Movember.com, register for your country and join Team iStache. Then watch your moustache grow and raise local funds through friends and family to support awareness of men’s health issues.
How it works: Men register with a clean-shaven face. The Movember participants, known as Mo Bros, then spend the rest of the month growing and grooming their Mos, raising money along the way. Women can still become Mo Sisters and raise funds too.
Mo Rules: (From Movember.com):
A Mo is defined according to the Movember rules:
1. There is to be no joining of the Mo to side burns – That’s a beard.
2. There is to be no joining of the handlebars – That’s a goatee.
3. A small complimentary growth under the bottom lip is allowed (aka a tickler).
· iStock Artists, show us the Mos and Healthy Bros: iStock artists are encouraged to create and submit new photos, illustrations, videos and even audio compositions that celebrate facial hair or reflect men’s health issues and general male well-being. Guidelines for having your work included in the iStock Movember 2011 collection are here. Prizes will be awarded for files of each type at the end of the month.
· Follow the Fun: Follow iStock on Twitter or Facebook throughout Movember to take part in fun contests such as submitting photos of your mo for swag and prizes, and also look for tips from our very own Movember Mo Coach on how to grow the perfect stache.
iStock is an official supplier of imagery to the international Movember organization.
iStockphoto offers easy, affordable inspiration with millions of vetted, royalty-free photos, illustrations, video, audio and Flash® files. Using the most advanced search in the business, customers download a file every second from a collection of more than ten million files for business, marketing and personal projects. iStockphoto started in 2000, pioneering the micropayment photography business model, and has become one of the most successful and profitable user-generated content sites in the world. iStockphoto pays out more than $1.9 million weekly in artist royalties. iStockphoto is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Getty Images.